Friday, October 30, 2009

After The Recovery

After the recovery, I got a sore throat, turned out to be tonsilitis. I was very upset over it, afraid Lemierre's had struck once again. I'm not sure if that can happen or not, given account on how rare it is. But if I have allergies, or anything head cold or sinus related, it affects my throat greatly. It's 8 months after I've left the hospital. I have Strept Throat right now. The doctors told me that it would be a smart move to make if I would get my tonsils removed in the near future. They have caused me horrible sore throats since the Lemierre's, however, not as horrible as the Lemierre's was. Also, I have panic attacks. I'll wake up in the middle of the night, gasping for air. I do it in my sleep, too. I think I'm suffocating. So the doctor says I need a therapist for that as well. As for the Lemierre's all together, it's a very traumatic experience to have. I don't regret it. I survived, and I met someone who is now more dear to me than ever, God. I just hope whoever reads this, can learn more to help them understand the Lemierre's Syndrome more, and possibly even save their life. Tell everyone you can about it, let them know it exists. It may only be rare because people never know what they are suffering from. I was one of the lucky few to live. I have so many questions about Lemierre's that can't be answered, so if we all tell our stories, the more we can learn, and the more questions will be answered.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    I don't know if you read comments on this blog anymore... it's been a few years since you've posted.

    I wanted to thank you for all you wrote about surviving your experience with Lemierre's Syndrome. My 18 year old nephew was diagnosed with it 4 days ago and he's in a really awful place right now. All the websites I have found about Lemierre's have been websites scarey medical encyclopedia sounding sites, or sites created as memorials for those who have died. Yours has been the only story as a survivor and is a ray of hope to read.

    I hope you are living a wonderfully happy and healthy life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the internet.

    -Tonuala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonuala, thanks for the comment! I actually had forgotten my email and password to this blog so I'm replying with a new account. I hope that your nephew has recovered, and if not, I am truly sorry for your loss. I'm really glad that my blog had given you hope in a time where it's really hard to find it. Thanks again for the comment, I hope all is well for you and your family!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    Its been 8 months since i left the hospital too.. I was there for 1 month. I guess you could say it was just the start of the syndrome to me.. They had me on injections everyday and sent a picc line to my heart..

    I didnt even know this ever existed until it happened to me and i cant even spell the name right. Oh well. But Iv not been realizing how lucky Iam until right now. I really hope its not something that strikes back.. Thank You God.

    That month in the hospital was the worst and the best..The people around me was so nice and kind. There were people checking on me every now and then. I met so many friends, few very special. Iam so happy for the experience as well as shocked. Bottom line, we are here, and thank you for everyone who made that happen.

    Takecare:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fighter Girl, it took me a while to spell the name correctly as well, haha! And yes, the experience from having Lemierre's is definitely good and bad at the same time. You're right though, we're here and living, and that's something to be very greatful for! Thanks for sharing your comment. I hope you have been enjoying life and living well since your experience!

      Delete