Friday, October 30, 2009

It Started After The Snow

It was the end of Febuary, and I had went out to a concert with some friends. I remember that night perfectly, the best night I had in a long time, but when I got home the party crashed quick. I felt a little out of it, so I turned off the lights and layed down to sleep. I kept a glass of water by my bed always, because I slept in the basement and it made my throat get dry. I woke up several times that night, with a very dry throat, I went through three glasses of water. I had a bit of a sore throat for the passed 3 days, but I had a runny nose, so I figured it was just a small virus. The day after the concert, I did my normal daily routine, but I was a lot slower. From there the sore throat got worse within the next 24 hours, to the point that I couldn't even swollow my own spit without excrutiating pain. I decided I should see a doctor. I went to a local clinic, where I was told I may have Strept. They took the test and it came back negative, so they sent me home on antibiotic for Strept Throat anyways. I took the pills as directed for a week, and nothing changed. It continued to get worse and worse. During this week, I gained a fever. 102.5 - 103.2, it kept getting higher and higher. Eventually, I started vomiting, not able to keep down food, drinks, or anything that I put in my mouth. One point, my fever rose up to 104.9, my family insisted the thermometer was broken, and told me to soak in the bathtub for a while. I did as they said, and while I was in there, I broke down and cried. I began to pray for my life, I remember sitting there, lacing my fingers together, and shivering as tears started rolling down my cheeks like rapids. I told God, "Please help me, I'm not ready to die, I know something is wrong, God. Please give me the strength to fight this, please give me a cure." and I think I repeated that sentence while I cried for about 2 hours. The next day my mom drove me to the Emergency Room, and they had me on IV giving me fluids for about an hour. They said I was just dehydrated, and I had a small virus and I'd be fine in the next few days. They sent me home after the IV treatments, I felt fine for about half an hour, my throat still felt horrible, but my energy levels were a lot better. I slept for the longest time that night, I remember being scared and not able to wake up at one point. Throughout the passed two weeks since the concert, I even lost track of the time, day, and couldn't remember a lot of things. I got up the next morning around 7am for about an hour, then went back downstairs and slept some more. My aunt came downstairs around 6pm, to find me unconcious and shaking in my bed. She grabbed the thermometer, and took my temperature, 105.9... she told me to stay there and not move, and she ran upstairs, and called 911. The paramedics came to get me, when they arrived, they had some troubles getting the IV's in, I couldn't walk, my vision was blurred and fuzzy, and I couldn't understand what they were saying because my hearing sounded really fuzzy and echoed. They kept trying to keep me awake, everytime I'd start to fall asleep, they'd tap me repeatedly and say my name. Soon, they got me into the ambulence, and I arrived at Upper Valley Medical Center in Troy, Ohio.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, if you're still using this blog please reply. I am a survivor of this disease. I was not even a teen, when i was diagnosed. I fought hard for my life, and i still am going under treatment. I'm on a life too recovery, and I hope your life is okay too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor! I lost the email and password to this blog, sorry for the late response! I hate to admit I honestly have been so busy with life changes, ups and downs, etc. the past few years that I haven't really been around here much. I'm doing great now, thanks! I hope you have recovered well, also!

      Delete
    2. Getting rib of Herpes virus wasn't easy, I came across Dr voodoo on how he
      has cured so many people from herpes and other illness so I decided to give
      him a try, now am permanently cured using the natural herbs medication and
      cleansing supplement sent by Dr voodoo no more herpes, contact Dr voodoo
      WhatsApp number +2348140120719 also e-mail him at:
      voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Jose Andrews is my name, Some people keep questioning God, asking him why he allowed Satan to put in the world deadly diseases, but they never know that anything happening in this life, is just for a particular reason. Here is my story on how I was cured of schizophrenia by a herbal doctor Uwadia Amneifo using his herbal mixture. Few months ago, I realized I had some problem with my system, and later on I begin to forget things easily. I complained to my doctor after his text he said just a little problem with me, but that soon I will be fine. He prescribed for me and I was taking medicine according to his prescription but my condition was getting worse instead of coming down. So I went back to my doctor after some time, he said am having issues with my brain, this continues gradually until it became worse and I was diagnosed of schizophrenia and this disease is also known as Asperger's Syndrome. My doctor told me there is no cure to this disease that I have to live and die with it. It continued for one month and my system was almost shutting down before my cousin brother came to my house to visit and broke to us the news about a herbal doctor he heard about called doctor Uwadia Amenifo that cured some body of Stevens Johnson Syndrome. So he explained how he heard about this herbal doctor uwadia Amenifo and the kind of terrible diseases this doctor have cured. His words were very impressing and I had to give the doctor a try. We made contact with him and he said he can cure me. So my cousin made all necessary arrangement with him, and he prepared herbs and send to me in USA. I took the herbs according to his prescription and behold to cut long story short his herbs works perfectly well, and cured me of my schizophrenia. Today I am hale and healthy and evidence of my healthiness can been seen in this piece of note I wrote myself to tell the world about Herbal Doctor Uwadia Amenifo. Please if you know anyone suffering from brain disease, in a hurry contact Doctor Uwadia Amenifo on his email (doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com), and his cell no is +2349052015874. I wish all suffering from brain problem quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jose Andrews is my name, Some people keep questioning God, asking him why he allowed Satan to put in the world deadly diseases, but they never know that anything happening in this life, is just for a particular reason. Here is my story on how I was cured of schizophrenia by a herbal doctor Uwadia Amneifo using his herbal mixture. Few months ago, I realized I had some problem with my system, and later on I begin to forget things easily. I complained to my doctor after his text he said just a little problem with me, but that soon I will be fine. He prescribed for me and I was taking medicine according to his prescription but my condition was getting worse instead of coming down. So I went back to my doctor after some time, he said am having issues with my brain, this continues gradually until it became worse and I was diagnosed of schizophrenia and this disease is also known as Asperger's Syndrome. My doctor told me there is no cure to this disease that I have to live and die with it. It continued for one month and my system was almost shutting down before my cousin brother came to my house to visit and broke to us the news about a herbal doctor he heard about called doctor Uwadia Amenifo that cured some body of Stevens Johnson Syndrome. So he explained how he heard about this herbal doctor uwadia Amenifo and the kind of terrible diseases this doctor have cured. His words were very impressing and I had to give the doctor a try. We made contact with him and he said he can cure me. So my cousin made all necessary arrangement with him, and he prepared herbs and send to me in USA. I took the herbs according to his prescription and behold to cut long story short his herbs works perfectly well, and cured me of my schizophrenia. Today I am hale and healthy and evidence of my healthiness can been seen in this piece of note I wrote myself to tell the world about Herbal Doctor Uwadia Amenifo. Please if you know anyone suffering from brain disease, in a hurry contact Doctor Uwadia Amenifo on his email (doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com), and his cell no is +2349052015874. I wish all suffering from brain problem quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a survivor of this disease. It almost killed me. My Family never diagnosed it and it got really bad so he sent me on to Ear Nose and Throat. They made appt. for hospital . I went there in a few days and by then I was so sick I could hardly walk and I had a large swelling on the side of my neck the size of a grapefruit. They operated, removed the puss and it would not stop forming. By the time I got to Hospital it was in the Ceretoid artery. They sent info to The Disease Control Center in Atlanta, but I had already had antibiotic and they could not get a good culture. I got worse and worse. Finally an Argentinian Dr. There diagnosed it and they changed the regime of antibiotics and I began to get better. As I recall I stayed in hospital for about 2 weeks. They sent me home on the condition that my wife would swab out the neck and pull the drains a little eacjh day until they were out. IT was a horror story. Afterwards it really affected my brain. I had kind of amnesia. About 12 yers later due to the damage done to the Ceretoid I hd to have it operated on to remove plaque, partly due to the scar tissue left in the Ceretoid form the disease. I am now 70 yers old. I was 49 years old at the time. I will be 70 in November. IT is a miracle I am alive because the FR.s did not diagnose this disease for 3 or 4 weeks as I recall. That late diagnosis usually proves to be fatal.

    ReplyDelete